Dear West Main Family,
For the saints of West Main, two worship sessions, an early outdoor session and a later indoor session, will be made available again this Sunday. Our objective again in offering two worship sessions is to allow our members who have a wide range of personal preferences and health conditions to safely assemble with the saints.
Members are encouraged to attend either the outdoor or indoor worship sessions or both if they are able. A different message will be preached during the latter indoor assembly.
Please note we are adding an indoor Wed. evening adult Bible Class beginning July 8th.
Here is a summary of the worship and Bible study sessions to be offered:
- Sunday 9:00-10:00 am Outdoor Assembly (weather permitting). The outdoor worship session will be conducted just as we have the past 9-10 weeks. You will have an opportunity to sing and pray together, hear the Word of God proclaimed, and partake of the Lord’s Supper and give of your means. Masks will continue to be encouraged but not required when venturing outside of your vehicle.
- Sunday 10:15-11:15 am Indoor Assembly (NOTE: New start time of 10:15 am). The indoor worship session will also include all of the elements of worship. To ensure your safety, the following precautions will be taken:
- School aged children and older are expected to wear a mask at all times while in the building except when partaking of the Lord’s Supper. It is left to the discretion of parents of preschool aged children whether they will wear masks.
- Attendees will be asked to sit in family groups from the front of the building to the rear of the building in at least every other row. Extra chairs will also be available in the rear of the auditorium.
- Singing will be moved toward the end of the service at which time the doors will be opened to facilitate airflow.
- Upon completion of the service, we will dismiss by row from the rear of the building.
- Attendees should honor at all times the six (6) foot social distancing guidelines; please do not closely congregate.
- Restrooms will be available but we ask that only two be present at a time; please assume the responsibility to wipe down services in advance of your own use. Disinfectant wipes will be provided.
- All flat services will be disinfected prior to the indoor service.
- Wednesday 7:00-8:00 pm Indoor Adult Bible Class. Beginning July 8th (not July 1st), we will offer an indoor adult Bible Class to be taught by Ben on the Book of Isaiah. We will follow all of the Sunday morning indoor safety precautions on the Wed. evening gathering.
The Sunday morning adult Bible class on the Book of Galatians (taught by Troy Vaughan) will be recorded for your study at home. For those who are not able to attend either Sunday session in person, Livestream of the indoor worship session will be made available beginning at 10:15 am on Sundays and the Wed. evening adult Bible class beginning at 7:00 pm. Please be reminded that for those who are able to physically attend (not at risk), Livestream is not a substitute for assembling with the saints.
We bring to your remembrance once again the large degree of judgement involved in establishing when and how we worship God on the first day of the week and at other times. We ask for your continued patience, care and kindness with us and one another. Please direct any questions or concerns to one of the elders.
We look forward to seeing you this Lord’s Day at the 9:00 am, the 10:15 am or both assemblies of the West Main saints and then again Wed. evening at 7:00 pm (begininig July 8th).